Gulf Bend Center Mental Health First Aid Training - Youth
You may know CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver. You can call 911. But can you administer first aid in a mental health crisis? It's easy to tell when someone is having a heart attack, is choking, or can't breathe. But what does depression look like? Or anxiety? What would you say to help someone who says they are thinking about suicide? How can you help in a panic attack? Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches you how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental crisis. People all across the country - in all 50 States and the District of Columbia are trained in Mental Health First Aid. They know how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and addictions. This course is delivered by certified Mental Health First Aid USA Instructors who complete a 5-day training and meet certification requirements. There is a minimum of 5 attendees in order to hold this class. Questions? Please contact Sharon Derrington @ 361-575-0611 x296.
6502 Nursery Drive Room 241
More Event Ideas
- More Health and Wellness Events
- Wednesday, Jun 19, 9:00 AM
- SALVE WELLNESS SERIES "The Truth About Organic & Natural / Pesticides / Vitamins & Minerals 101" at UH Sugar Land - Fort Bend Cty LibrarySaturday, Mar 9, 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, Apr 10, 8:30 AM
- More Events at Gulf Bend Center
- Wednesday, Apr 17, 9:00 AM
- Wednesday, Aug 7, 9:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.